We are looking for a Full Stack Developer with experience in .NET Core and modern front-end frameworks to lead the development of our key analytics software product for increasing the lifetime performance of large battery packs. The successful candidate will be part of our software and data science team and will be responsible for client-facing applications used to monitor and visualise our customer’s battery energy storage systems current and predicted performance.
About Brill Power
Brill Power works at the cutting edge of energy storage, power electronics, and battery software. We are a team of problem solvers and innovators, keen to make energy storage as efficient and sustainable as possible.
Established in 2016, Brill Power is a founder-run startup with roots in the Engineering Department at the University of Oxford. Our first product for the stationary storage market launched in 2021 and we are looking forward to growing our impact and expanding to new markets. We are a small and talented team based in Oxford who are looking for new members to join us for the next chapter of Brill Power.
Here’s what we’re about:
- Fun is essential to success: We love what we do. We think you should too.
- We are not alone: We share spaces, markets, geographies, and Earth’s resources with everyone around us. Acting in a fair and honest manner is how we work at Brill Power.
- We do cool stuff: We don’t make products that are the norm. We innovate and raise the bar on what is possible.
The person who joins us as a Senior Full Stack Engineer will contribute to the architecture and will lead the development of our client-facing battery analytics web application. They will own both the front-end and backend codebase. They will make both high-level technology decisions such as what technologies we use and what our testing strategy should be. They will also be lead contributor when it comes to implementing new features and fixing bugs. They will be key to delivering advanced battery diagnostics and prognostics algorithms developed by the data science team into our analytics platform product, providing our customer with valuable insights into their battery systems’ current and future performance.
If you are keen to develop new technologies and work in a dynamic field, this may be the role for you. You should be confident working autonomously while also being comfortable working with the team in a fast-paced environment. Brill Power offers a hybrid in office and working from home environment. You should have strong analytical skills and be a critical thinker who is not afraid to keep questioning the status quo. If you fill most of the qualifications listed below and are excited to work on cutting-edge battery technology, we want to talk to you.
Where are we now, and why is the role important to us
An advanced prototype of our web application is already being used by our first clients. The front end is written in Fluent React. The back end, written in .NET Core, comprises of several standalone parts that provide authentication, access to the database with historical data, and to real-time device information. The components are dockerised and deployed to Azure. In the next stage of our journey, we need to make sure that our app is scalable for our expected client-based growth, and that new features can be iterated quickly.
- Design, develop, maintain and test new front-end and back-end features
- Interact with the firmware and data science teams to synchronise on how data is being gathered and stored
- Generate user and design documentation
- Collaborate with the hardware and software teams and communicate progress
- Assist in maintaining a positive and productive atmosphere within the team
- Liaise with customers and users of our systems to fix bugs and gather inputs for further development
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of .NET Core
- Excellent knowledge of a modern full-stack framework, ideally React.
- Good knowledge of Git
- Experience in designing a modern web applications, such as choosing the right technologies to use, and architecting scalable solutions.
- Scientific approach to problem solving. Hypothesis, Test, Understand etc.
- Strong debugging skills
- Able to work autonomously
- Fast-learner and eager to quickly adapt and pick up new technologies and skills
- Great communication skill and works well with others
Nice to have:
- Experience with time-series databases
- Experience with analytics and Machine Learning product development.
- Experience with Ci/Cd
Brill Power Benefits
In addition to a fun and friendly team and working environment, we offer:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Benefits package, including income protection, life insurance, and medical cover
- Full time, permanent role, with flexible working hours
- Opportunity for hybrid working (home and office), depending on role
- In-office tea, coffee, & snacks
- Regular team social events
Get in touch
There is no perfect candidate, and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you and you’re looking for somewhere to thrive, we want to hear from you.
Brill Power is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all, without regard to their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, gender reassignment, national origin, sexual orientation, or age.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating where your skills and experience match what we are looking for in this role.
Brill Power is proud to be a certified Oxford Living Wage employer.