We are looking for an Engineering Project Manager to plan and manage R&D, pilot, and commercial projects at Brill Power. You will work closely with our engineering and business teams, as well as external collaborators and customers on exciting projects in the fields of stationary energy storage and electric vehicles.
About Brill Power
Brill Power develops cutting-edge battery management technology for stationary energy storage and electric vehicles. We are a spinout from the University of Oxford’s engineering department. Our team is small but growing fast. Here’s what we’re about:
- Fun is essential to success: We love what we do. We think you should too.
- We are not alone: We share spaces, markets, geographies, and Earth’s resources with everyone around us. Acting in a fair and honest manner is how we work at Brill Power.
- We do cool stuff: We don’t make products that are the norm. We innovate and raise the bar on what is possible.
The role of Engineering Project Manager at Brill Power is central to our R&D, pilot, and commercial projects. Reporting directly to our CTO, you will work closely with our engineering and business teams to plan, manage, and report on several projects, which involve the development, validation, and commercialisation of our battery management technology. This role requires a firm understanding of battery technology and energy systems, evidenced by a degree in electrical engineering or a similar discipline, or with relevant work experience. As part of the projects under your management, you will be responsible for effective communication of content to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. You should enjoy teamwork and collaborating with people with various professional backgrounds.
- Project management – coordination of multiple stakeholders, internal timelines, and project requirements
- Project planning – scope, milestones, & timeline
- Reporting (both internally and to external stakeholders, including funding bodies)
- Represent Brill Power at stakeholder meetings
- Site visits for project delivery
- Contribute to application scoping and bid writing
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in electrical engineering, similar discipline, or a combination of a technical degree and relevant experience
- Experience as a project manager – keeping projects on time and on budget
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experience translating R&D work into project milestones & timeline
- Experience or knowledge in Power Electronics.
- Ability to communicate complex technology to multiple stakeholder groups
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office, and at least one CAD tool
- Excellent computer skills
- Able to work well autonomously and on teams
- Fast-learner and eager to quickly adapt and pick up new technologies and skills
Nice to Have
- Official project management qualification
- Experience developing PCBs
- Experience managing InnovateUK projects
Brill Power Benefits
In addition to a fun and friendly team and working environment, we offer:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Benefits package, including income protection, life insurance, and medical cover
- Full time, permanent role, with flexible working hours
- In-office tea, coffee, & snacks
- Regular team social events
Get in touch
There is no perfect candidate, and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you and you’re looking for somewhere to thrive, we want to hear from you.
Brill Power is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all, without regard to their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, gender reassignment, national origin, sexual orientation or age.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com clearly indicating where your skills and experience matches what we are looking for in this role.