We are looking for a Marketing Communications Manager to lead the communication strategy for Brill Power. This is a unique opportunity to execute Brill Power’s thought leadership programme and customer engagement plan, as it launches the next generation of battery intelligence.
Collaborating closely with Brill Power’s innovative team and co-founders, the Marketing Communications Manager will join Brill Power at an exciting time, having recently closed a significant Series A fundraising round.
About Brill Power
Brill Power works at the cutting edge of energy storage, power electronics, and battery software. We are a team of problem solvers and innovators, keen to make energy storage as efficient and sustainable as possible.
Established in 2016, Brill Power is a founder-run startup with roots in the Engineering Department at the University of Oxford. Our first product for the stationary storage market launched in 2021 and we are looking to expand into new markets such as electric vehicles. We are a small and talented team based in Oxford who are looking for new members to join us for the next chapter of Brill Power.
Here’s what we’re about:
- Fun is essential to success: We love what we do. We think you should too.
- We are not alone: We share spaces, markets, geographies, and earth’s resources with everyone around us. Acting in a fair and honest manner is how we work at Brill Power.
- We do cool stuff: We don’t make products that are the norm. We innovate and raise the bar on what is possible.
This is an opportunity to work within a highly skilled environment within the incredibly important battery industry, vital for a sustainable future.
As the Marketing Communications Manager, you will be responsible for executing and managing Brill Power’s core brand and product messaging. You will be leading our communications campaigns, social media, event communications, PR, and website SEO strategy, working with various external support teams.
You should have excellent communications skills and a knowledge of, or interest in sustainable technology products and/ or the battery industry.
The role is based at our head office in Oxford, but a degree of flexible working is possible. If you fill most of the qualifications listed below and are excited to work on cutting-edge technology, we want to talk to you.
- Management and execution of monthly Content Campaigns
- Social Media Management – create content for our social media channels to build engagement with our brand and innovative products
- E-newsletters – support the customer engagement plan with monthly communications to potential and current customers
- PR – work with the PR agency to generate a monthly plan for press and digital links, to support Brill power as a thought leader within battery intelligence
- Website Management
- Content – ensure the key content on the website communicates the Brill Power brand values and is updated
- SEO Strategy and Execution – create longer form blog articles and outreach campaigns to ensure Brill Power ranks for important keywords or key phrases
- Brand and Product Communications
- Ensure all communications, both internal and external, are in line with Brill Power brand guidelines
- Create impactful presentations to support the business
- Support key events with marketing communications
Skills and Qualifications
- 2-3 years minimum experience working in communications and / or marketing
- Experience managing social media channels
- Previous experience creating SEO campaigns to improve website ranking
- Experience working with different in-house teams and external agencies
- Strong interest in technology and sustainability
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about writing
- Self-starter, happy working well individually and with team members
Nice to Have/ Desirable
- Experience working in the energy storage sector or at a cleantech company
Brill Power Benefits
In addition to a fun and friendly team and working environment, we offer:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Benefits package, including income protection, life insurance, and medical cover
- Full-time, permanent role, with flexible working hours
- Opportunity for hybrid working (home and office), depending on role
- In-office tea, coffee, & snacks
- Regular team social events
Get in touch
There is no perfect candidate, and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you and you’re looking for somewhere to thrive, we want to hear from you.
Brill Power is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all, without regard to their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, gender reassignment, national origin, sexual orientation, or age.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com, clearly indicating where your skills and experience match what we are looking for in this role.
Brill Power is proud to be a certified Oxford Living Wage employer.