We are looking for a Graduate Electronics Engineer to contribute to designing and testing Brill Power’s hardware. You will join a small and dynamic team and report to our Senior Power Electronics Engineers.
About Brill Power
Brill Power works at the cutting edge of energy storage, power electronics, and battery software. We are a team of problem solvers and innovators, keen to make energy storage as efficient and sustainable as possible.
Established in 2016, Brill Power is a founder-run startup with roots in the Engineering Department at the University of Oxford. Our first product for the stationary storage market launched in 2021 and we are looking forward to growing our impact and expanding to new markets. We are a small and talented team based in Oxford who are looking for new members to join us for the next chapter of Brill Power.
Here’s what we’re about:
- Fun is essential to success: We love what we do. We think you should too.
- We are not alone: We share spaces, markets, geographies, and Earth’s resources with everyone around us. Acting in a fair and honest manner is how we work at Brill Power.
- We do cool stuff: We don’t make products that are the norm. We innovate and raise the bar on what is possible.
You will join Brill Power as a Graduate electronics engineer and contribute to the modelling, design, and testing of Brill Power’s hardware. Working closely with the hardware and firmware teams, the successful candidate for this role will help identify, troubleshoot, and solve problems. If you are keen to develop new technologies and work in a dynamic field, this may be the role for you. You should be confident working autonomously while also being comfortable working with the team in a fast-paced environment.
Brill Power is operating a hybrid in office and working from home scheme. Due to the hands-on nature of this role, you will be needed in the lab for most of your work.
If you fill the majority of the qualifications listed below and are excited to work on cutting-edge battery technology, we want to talk to you.
- Design and implementation of testing of power electronics and battery systems
- Debugging and solving hardware problems as they arise
- Troubleshooting and developing solutions for firmware problems as they arise
- Create and maintain technical specifications and operational documentation
- Interface with internal and, at times, external project stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate-level electrical/electronics engineering degree
- Experience and proficiency with electrical test equipment (e.g., power supplies, electronic loads, oscilloscopes)
- Strong practical skills (soldering, hand tools, electronic/mechanical assembly)
- Experience with PCB CAD tools
- Familiarity with simulation packages (LTSpice, Simulink)
- Familiarity with datasheet review for component selection.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Fast-learner and eager to quickly adapt and pick up new technologies and skills
- Great communication skills and works well with others
Nice to Have:
- Skills in objected oriented programming (e.g., Python, C++) and the use of associated frameworks and libraries
- Hands-on experience and proficiency with code version control (Git)
- Familiarity with to adopt modern software development and deployment practices such as TDD and Ci/Cd
Brill Power Benefits
In addition to a fun and friendly team and working environment, we offer:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Benefits package, including income protection, life insurance, and medical cover
- Full time, permanent role, with flexible working hours
- In-office tea, coffee, & snacks
- Regular team social events
Get in touch
There is no perfect candidate, and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you and you’re looking for somewhere to thrive, we want to hear from you.
Brill Power is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all, without regard to their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, gender reassignment, national origin, sexual orientation, or age.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com, clearly indicating where your skills and experience match what we are looking for in this role.
Brill Power is proud to be a certified Oxford Living Wage employer.