We are looking to hire one or more Engineering Project Coordinators to plan and manage R&D, pilot, and commercial projects at Brill Power. You will work closely with our engineering and business teams, as well as external collaborators and customers on exciting projects in the fields of stationary energy storage and electric vehicles. You may have a focus on hardware or software projects, just let us know.
About Brill Power
Brill Power works at the cutting edge of energy storage, power electronics, and battery software. We are a team of problem solvers and innovators, keen to make energy storage as efficient and sustainable as possible.
Established in 2016, Brill Power is a founder-run startup with roots in the Engineering Department at the University of Oxford. Our first product for the stationary storage market launched in 2021 and we are looking forward to growing our impact and expanding to new markets. We are a small and talented team based in Oxford who are looking for new members to join us for the next chapter of Brill Power.
Here’s what we’re about:
- Fun is essential to success: We love what we do. We think you should too.
- We are not alone: We share spaces, markets, geographies, and Earth’s resources with everyone around us. Acting in a fair and honest manner is how we work at Brill Power.
- We do cool stuff: We don’t make products that are the norm. We innovate and raise the bar on what is possible.
The role of Engineering Project Coordinator at Brill Power is central to our R&D, pilot, and commercial projects. Working closely with Brill’s Senior management, you will work alongside our engineering and business teams to plan, manage, and report on several projects, which involve the development, validation, and commercialisation of our battery management technology. This role requires a firm understanding of battery technology and energy systems, evidenced by a degree in electrical engineering, software engineering, or a similar discipline, or with relevant work experience. We have multiple roles open that focus separately on hardware and software (but all will bridge across both teams). Please indicate in your cover letter where your experience has focused.
As part of the projects under your management, you will be responsible for effective communication of content to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. You should enjoy teamwork and collaborating with people with various professional backgrounds. Brill Power operates a hybrid in office and working from home environment. Due to the nature of this role a presence in the office will be important for you to be successful in the role.
- Project planning – scope, milestones, & timeline
- Represent Brill Power at stakeholder meetings, sharing technical progress and making decisions on the design requirements.
- Project management – coordination of multiple stakeholders, internal timelines, and project requirements
- Reporting (both internally and to external stakeholders)
- Site visits for project delivery, as needed
- Contribute to application scoping and bid writing
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in computer science, electrical engineering, similar discipline, or a combination of a technical degree and relevant experience
- Experience working with Power Electronics or Firmware
- Experience as a project manager or coordinator– keeping projects on time and on budget
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experience translating R&D work into project milestones & timelines
- Ability to communicate complex technology to multiple stakeholder groups
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office, and at least one CAD or firmware tool
- Excellent computer skills
- Able to work well autonomously and on teams
- Fast-learner and eager to quickly adapt and pick up new technologies and skills
Nice to Have:
- Official project management qualification
- Experience developing or programming PCBs
Brill Power Benefits
In addition to a fun and friendly team and working environment, we offer:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Benefits package, including income protection, life insurance, and medical cover
- Full time, permanent role, with flexible working hours
- Opportunity for hybrid working (home and office), depending on role
- In-office tea, coffee, & snacks
- Regular team social events
Get in touch
There is no perfect candidate, and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you and you’re looking for somewhere to thrive, we want to hear from you.
Brill Power is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all, without regard to their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, gender reassignment, national origin, sexual orientation, or age.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com, clearly indicating where your skills and experience match what we are looking for in this role.
Brill Power is proud to be a certified Oxford Living Wage employer.