We are looking for an embedded firmware engineer with experience in embedded systems to assist with firmware and software development on our existing and new product lines. This role will be an essential part of our embedded team and will work closely with our hardware team providing support as well as developing features for our application layer.
The person who joins us as an Embedded Firmware Engineer will work closely with our Firmware and Hardware teams to assist in the design, development, support, and testing of new and existing features. This includes generating design documentation, application and driver level software for embedded targets, as well as creating tools to assist with testing and manufacture.
If you are keen to develop new technologies and work in a dynamic field, this may be the role for you. You should be confident working autonomously while also being comfortable working with the team in a fast-paced environment. Brill Power offers a hybrid in office and working from home environment. You should have strong analytical skills and be a critical thinker who is not afraid to keep questioning the status quo. If you fill most of the qualifications listed below and are excited to work on cutting-edge battery technology, we want to talk to you.
- Design, develop, and test new firmware features.
- Support and enhance existing firmware features.
- Develop internal test tools.
- Generate design documentation.
- Collaborate with the hardware and software teams and communicate progress.
- Assist in maintaining a positive and productive atmosphere within the team.
- Support junior engineers
- Liaise with customers and users of our systems.
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in software engineering, computing science, or equivalent fields, or a combination of education and work experience, with relevant experience
- Interest in Embedded Systems and a familiarity with microcontrollers (STM32, PIC, etc.)
- Knowledge of object-oriented principles
- C/C++, Python
- Scientific approach to problem solving. Hypothesis, Test, Understand etc.
- Strong debugging skills
- Familiarity with version control (ideally Git)
- Able to work autonomously
- Fast-learner and eager to quickly adapt and pick up new technologies and skills
- Great communication skill and works well with others
Nice to have:
- Experience in MISRA, AUTOSAR, ISO26262
- Strong testing background (TDD, unit testing, LINT, HIL etc.)
- Familiarity in bug tracking
- Experience with oscilloscopes, multimeters, digital logic analysers
- Familiarity of UART, CAN, I2C, SPI.
- Experience with electrical circuit design
- Ability to read and understand circuit schematics
- Interest in power electronics and motor drives
- RTOS Experience (Zephyr, FreeRTOS, etc.)
Brill Power Benefits
In addition to a fun and friendly team and working environment, we offer:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Benefits package, including income protection, life insurance, and medical cover
- Full time, permanent role, with flexible working hours
- Opportunity for hybrid working (home and office), depending on role
- In-office tea, coffee, & snacks
- Regular team social events
Get in touch
There is no perfect candidate, and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you and you’re looking for somewhere to thrive, we want to hear from you.
Brill Power is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all, without regard to their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, gender reassignment, national origin, sexual orientation, or age.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com, clearly indicating where your skills and experience match what we are looking for in this role.
Brill Power is proud to be a certified Oxford Living Wage employer.