We are looking for a Business Development Manager to help grow our business and communicate the benefits of our technology in the automotive and related industries. You will join a small and dynamic business team, reporting directly to our CEO.
About Brill Power
Brill Power works at the cutting edge of energy storage, power electronics, and battery software. We are a team of problem solvers and innovators, keen to make energy storage as efficient and sustainable as possible.
Established in 2016, Brill Power is a founder-run startup with roots in the Engineering Department at the University of Oxford. Our first product for the stationary storage market launched in 2021 and we are looking forward to growing our impact and expanding to new markets. We are a small and talented team based in Oxford who are looking for new members to join us for the next chapter of Brill Power.
Here’s what we’re about:
- Fun is essential to success: We love what we do. We think you should too.
- We are not alone: We share spaces, markets, geographies, and Earth’s resources with everyone around us. Acting in a fair and honest manner is how we work at Brill Power.
- We do cool stuff: We don’t make products that are the norm. We innovate and raise the bar on what is possible.
Brill Power is growing fast: we have completed a series of lab-based R&D projects to validate our technology for electric vehicle applications and are now looking for customers and partners to bring a first electromobility product to the market. We are looking for a highly motivated, outgoing, and creative business development manager with experience in the automotive industry. You will work with the CEO on building and fostering our base of customers and innovation partners, managing customer and partner accounts, representing Brill Power at events, trade shows and conferences, delivering various elements of our marketing strategy, and building our sales team.
- Business development – build and foster relationships with existing partners and contacts, and create new leads for potential customers and partners in the automotive and related industries
- Accounts management – create and own CRM accounts for new leads and manage existing accounts
- Outreach – Represent Brill Power at conferences, trade shows, networking and other events via exhibitions, presentations, and general presence; reach out to new potential customers and partners and grow our network
- Marketing strategy delivery – own and deliver various aspects of our marketing strategy in collaboration with our business team
- Sales – As part of a small and dynamic business development team of a growth-stage startup, you will also work directly on sales and licensing deals in the automotive and related industries
- Content creation – You will work with our wider business team as well as external experts on creating and contributing to content that you need to execute your role, which includes promotional slide decks, newsletters, blogs, social media posts, and marketing materials for events
- Strategy – As a key member of our business development team you will help us shape our business development and sales strategies and grow our sales team
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills – clear and engaging communication (verbal and written) of complex technical content in an accessible manner is a crucial part of this role
- Interpersonal skills – you should excel at creating new, and fostering existing relationships with partners and customers
- Experience/expertise – you should have experience and/or expertise in the automotive industry, or a closely related industry. You should have knowledge of how the industry works, who the key players are, and how to help Brill Power grow its customer base in this industry
- Engagement – you should be able to win people’s interest, captivate their attention and engage them in conversations about our business and technology
- Initiative – we expect you to take initiative in identifying and carrying out the tasks necessary to achieve the goals we set for your role
- Teamwork – we are a close and friendly team and teamwork is crucial for us
- Technical literacy – you don’t have to have a technical background but should be willing and quick to pick up technical concepts at a high level
Brill Power Benefits
In addition to a fun and friendly team and working environment, we offer:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Benefits package, including income protection, life insurance, and medical cover
- Full time, permanent role, with flexible working hours
- Opportunity for hybrid working (home and office), depending on role
- In-office tea, coffee, & snacks
- Regular team social events
Get in touch
There is no perfect candidate, and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you and you’re looking for somewhere to thrive, we want to hear from you.
Brill Power is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all, without regard to their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, gender reassignment, national origin, sexual orientation, or age.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com, clearly indicating where your skills and experience match what we are looking for in this role.
Brill Power is proud to be a certified Oxford Living Wage employer.