We are looking for a Business Development and Marketing Associate to help grow our business and communicate the benefits of our technology. You will join a small and dynamic business team, reporting directly to our CEO.
About Brill Power
Brill Power develops cutting-edge battery management technology for stationary energy storage and electric vehicles. We are a spinout from the University of Oxford’s engineering department. Our team is small but growing fast. Here’s what we’re about:
- Fun is essential to success: We love what we do. We think you should too.
- We are not alone: We share spaces, markets, geographies, and Earth’s resources with everyone around us. Acting in a fair and honest manner is how we work at Brill Power.
- We do cool stuff: We don’t make products that are the norm. We innovate and raise the bar on what is possible.
Purpose: We believe in making a difference with our technology and think new team members should be able to identify with this attitude.
Brill Power is growing fast and preparing to launch a first product in 2021. We are looking for a highly motivated, outgoing, and creative business development and marketing associate, ideally with a track record in B2B technology. You will work with the CEO on building and fostering our base of customers and innovation partners, managing customer and partner accounts, representing Brill Power at events, trade shows and conferences, and delivering various elements of our marketing strategy. In your first year you will be focusing on the market for Stationary Energy Storage.
- Business development – build and foster relationships with existing partners and contacts, and create new leads for potential customers and partners.
- Accounts management – create and own CRM accounts for new leads and manage existing accounts
- Outreach – Represent Brill Power at conferences, trade shows, networking and other events via exhibitions, presentations, and general presence
- Marketing strategy delivery – own, develop and deliver various aspects of our marketing strategy in collaboration with our business team
- Marketing content creation – Prepare slide decks, write newsletters, write blogs, manage social media presence, contribute to white papers, and create marketing materials for events
- Market research – Background research on Brill Power’s target markets, customers and competitors in stationary energy storage and electric vehicles through online searches and fact-finding missions to conferences, trade shows and networking events
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills – clear and engaging communication (verbal and written) of complex technical content in an accessible manner is a crucial part of this role
- Interpersonal skills – you should excel at creating new, and fostering existing, relationships with partners and customers
- Creativity – you should enjoy creating creative marketing content on highly technical subjects
- Engagement – you should be able to win people’s interest, captivate their attention and engage them in conversations about our business and technology
- Initiative – we expect you to take initiative in identifying and carrying out the tasks necessary to achieve the goals we set for your role
- Teamwork – we are a close and friendly team and teamwork is crucial for us
- Technical literacy – you don’t have to have a technical background but should be willing and quick to pick up technical concepts at a high level
Brill Power Benefits
In addition to a fun and friendly team and working environment, we offer:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Benefits package, including income protection, life insurance, and medical cover
- Full time, permanent role, with flexible working hours
- In-office tea, coffee, & snacks
- Regular team social events
Get in touch
There is no perfect candidate, and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you and you are looking for somewhere to thrive, we want to hear from you.
Brill Power is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all, without regard to their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, gender reassignment, national origin, sexual orientation, or age.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com clearly indicating where your skills and experience matches what we are looking for in this role.